Friday, November 2, 2012

Closed beta to continue until 2013

1

According to Eurogamer, Chief Marketing Officer David Reid said Dust 514 will remain in closed beta until 2013. This means that the open beta as well as the release will likely be sometime in 2013. Read the article here.

11 comments:

  1. Best News Ever. Glad they're not rushing this game and are committed to tuning it until its a great experience rather than an average one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you missed the part where he said,that he wanted to make it as accessible as CoD and Battlefield.Sounds to me like they are planning to dumb it down for the masses.

    Bad news to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far all the changes I've seen to make things more user friendly was not through dumbing things down. Might just be some PR stuff since people like accessibility.

      Delete
    2. I do understand why CCP would feel the need to dumb it down though. For people used to CoD's horrendously simple interface playing Dust would be a gigantic leap in complexity. I never had a problem understanding it but there are always stupid people.

      I hope Kagehoshi is right and it's just PR to convince more people to play.

      I am a bit disappointed that the beta is still going to keep going on but at the same time I'm happy since it means they're not rushing this and not caring about how it is at release. I hope next build they finally give us PvE or new dropsuits or at least maybe some new guns and turrets.

      Delete
    3. no kidding the changes have been good so far and im fine with it but they do have a long way to go.

      Delete
  3. i will pay 300 USD for a voice recording from virgindestroyer7. reply here with your e-mail and we will discuss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where's the virgindestroyer voice interview?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete